Firstly I would like to say thankyou for booking with Heavenly Dolls for your organic spray tan.
Here is a preparation guide for our clients. Getting the best longest lasting result from your tan relies alot on your preparation in the days leading up to appointment and general body maintenance afterwards.
Before the Spray Tan
- It is very important to exfoliate your skin. Pay particular attention to dry areas such as the hands, knees, elbow and heels. It helps the tan adhere and develop evenly. Any dry patches tend to soak up the solution. We sell an exfoliating mitt for $7 which you are able to come and pickup a couple days before your appointment if you like. Just send me through a message.
- Ensure any waxing or shaving is done at least 12 -24 hours before your spray tan.
- Your skin should be free from any moisturisers, oils, deodorants, make-up and perfumes before application of a spray tan, to prevent creating a barrier. So it is advised have a quick shower before your appointment. Look at your deodorant also, new on the market is a 48 hour one. It doesn’t matter if you shower before when wearing this there will still be some left on. If you have a long wearing (24hr+), please refrain from wearing deodorant for a couple of days before hand. You can lightly dust with talcum powder under your pits instead if you have to use something!.
- Wear or Bring loose, dark coloured casual clothing. Cotton fabric is the best choice. A loose granny nightie works well as does an oversized tshirt and tracksuit pants. Just remember we are a home salon not at the busy shops, the only people who will see you is me or someone else waiting for a tan. Wear a dark g-string/bikini bottom if you wish to be more modest, we supply disposable g string which fits most if you do not have which gives the smallest tan line. I am also comfortable spraying women nude only if you do not wish to .
- If you can get away with walking a few meters to your car I suggest leave with bare feet or bring in thongs.
You will be given a time frame to have a quick shower, depending on the look you want to achieve. The cooler the shower the better. Where you rinse off the bronzer. Just with water. Do not use any products in the shower or after. The magic has absorbed into the outer layer of skin and you will already notice a slight tan. Sit around and relax time! Or go to bed. If you must go out try not to wear any tight fitting clothing, this includes a bra. I have worn clothes and a bra after my rinse off with no problems, but some haven’t rinsed properly and developed bra lines. Please if you wish for the best result do not go to the gym or exercise until after your second proper shower.
It is crucial that you have a good rinse within the time frame given, and then a proper shower the next morning. After your proper shower the next morning you will be tanned! It can continue to darken up to 24 hours!!!
Our appointments are in the evening not only because that is when I am available, but because the instructions suit this time of rinsing in about 2 hours to having proper shower in the morning.
You can use products and makeup in the morning. Be careful not to strip the skin or use anything with aha’s or harsh.
Drinking lots of water keeps the tan longer.
Our tan fades evenly over a week. And last well over a week if you take care of your skin and tan.